Veterinary Triage in Mesa, Arizona
At East Valley Urgent Pet Care, our veterinary triage system is important in helping meet every pet’s needs. Here is an overview of veterinary triage, how it works, and why it is an important step in helping us best serve your pet!
The Bridge Between Your Family Vet and the Emergency Room
Building Relationships and Giving the Best Quality Medical Options Within Your Family’s Means
Click the Pre-Register button below to speed up your check-in progress
What Is Veterinary Triage?
Veterinary triage empowers Dr. Usiak-Mcbeth and her team to assess the urgency of cases, prioritizing immediate care for pets in critical condition while efficiently managing cases that can be safely attended to later. This short evaluation allows us to provide specific treatment to as many pets as possible. At East Valley Urgent Pet, veterinary triage is not just a system—it’s a fundamental part of our commitment to exceptional pet care. We strive to create a nurturing environment where pets receive the attention and treatment they need, promoting their overall health and well-being.
How Does Triage Work at East Valley Urgent Pet Care?
We know that any illness or injury your pet experiences are one of the hardest parts of being a pet owner. We go through a three-step process to give us an idea of what is going on and how your pet’s condition compares to that of other pets that are currently awaiting treatment. This process includes:
- Obtaining a history and general assessment to determine the overall severity of your pet’s situation and how their overall condition compares to that of other pets that are currently waiting for urgent vet treatment
- Checking your pet’s vital signs to determine whether their temperature, pulse, or other factors increase the urgency of their situation
- Guidance for how we can best serve your pet based on their current condition and how it compares to that of other pets that are currently awaiting treatment
This short evaluation usually occurs in our lobby but may require your pet to be assessed in the treatment area, depending on the situation. Triage generally does not include any diagnostic tests. It simply helps us understand how urgent your pet’s condition is and whether immediate treatment is essential.
Treatments Available at East Valley Urgent Pet Care
Our experienced team utilizes the valuable information gathered during the triage evaluation to determine the most effective and personalized treatment options. We are dedicated to delivering the highest level of care, ensuring your pet receives the attention they deserve. Based on the triage assessment, we will recommend the best action for your pet’s situation.
When to Seek Urgent Animal Care
Seeking urgent veterinary care is always a wise choice when you observe changes in your pet’s health or behavior. We are here to support you and can address various urgent pet care scenarios, including:
- Bleeding or Injury – If your pet experiences bleeding or a painful injury, it is crucial to seek immediate veterinary attention. Our skilled team is experienced in managing these emergencies, providing prompt care, and working diligently to stabilize your pet’s condition.
- Unexpected Illness – Sudden and unexpected illness in your pet can be distressing. Our clinic is equipped to diagnose and treat many urgent medical conditions. By promptly assessing your pet’s health and condition, we can help alleviate your pet’s discomfort and promote recovery.
- Sudden Behavior Changes – If you notice sudden and unexplained behavior changes in your pet, it may indicate an underlying health issue. Our veterinary professionals can conduct thorough evaluations to identify potential causes and develop a customized treatment plan.
Our triage evaluations can help you make a more informed decision about the next steps to help your pet get the best care possible.
Choose East Valley Urgent Pet Care for Quality Veterinary Triage in Mesa, AZ
At East Valley Urgent Pet Care, we know that any illness or injury your pet experiences can be difficult, and our triage system helps us ensure we can give every pet in the Mesa, AZ, area the treatment they need. If you feel your pet requires urgent care, Contact us today to learn how East Valley Urgent Pet Care can help you and your pet.